Your starter is responsible for only one thing, but it's an important one. This motor cranks, or rotates, your engine. After the engine gets running, the starter is no longer needed.
Starters use a relay and dedicated starter motor to start the engine. Since most modern vehicles feature an electric starter, you only need to either turn your key in the ignition switch or press a start button to begin the process. If your Toyota key includes a remote start button, you can even press that to start the vehicle as you're approaching. That's helpful when you want to get the cabin temperature comfortable during extremely hot or cold weather.
How to Identify Starter Problems
There are some ways to tell if your starter is beginning to fail. Signs include:
- The inability to start your Toyota
- You hear a loud clicking sound when you turn the key or press the start button
- You can only start your vehicle when it's in a specific gear
- Your vehicle won't jump-start
- Your starter is covered in oil or has smoke coming from it
Buy Genuine Toyota Starters Online
If you're experiencing trouble starting your vehicle, don't assume that your alternator or a href="/spark-plugs">spark plugs are the reason. Conduct a thorough inspection to identify the problem. If your starter is at fault, you'll want to replace it as soon as possible. Choosing the best starter for your vehicle means choosing an authentic Toyota starter, since those are the only ones that are guaranteed to be compatible with your model Find everything you need for the task right here in our online auto parts department, in stock and ready to ship. Buy now and save!
No results found for "starter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!